Monday, November 15, 2010

NEST Blue Garden Candle for Autism Speaks

I have an autistic Godson. He has Asperger's and is an amazing, smart little boy( that's him  pictured) His mother , my  dearest friend, works tirelessly to make his life better every day and for him to be all that he can . When I saw that the Slatkins, the people behind Nest candles had done a charity candle called Blue Garden for Autism Speaks, I knew I had to spread the word.


With gift  giving season fast approaching, not only can you give a fabulous smelling, beautifully packaged candle but also one that helps a  great cause. Autism Speaks, celebrating it's 5th year,  is the nations largest Autism  science and advocacy  organization.

 Blue Garden has notes of hyacinth, blue hydrangea, forget- me- nots, fresh green notes and a dew drop accord according to the official information. I smell a lot of dewy and green florals. It's very lush, not perhaps typical for fall/winter but also something different for the season.  A house that smells of a big fresh garden is not a bad thing at all.

 It's hard to find better quality candles then those done by  Slatkin ( they also do candles for Bath and Body Works and Project Art brands) . All are intensely scented, burn cleanly and last long.    

No comments: