Monday, April 9, 2012

Shiseido Urban Environment Oil Free UV Protector SPF 42


When you have oily skin you struggle ( or at least I do) with finding a high SPF product  that you can use without adding moisture especially in the T Zone.  I can use something with light moisture on parts of my face, but the T Zone is the no moisture zone .

 The past year or so has thankfully brought  more friendly to oily skin SPFs to the market and the newest from Shiseido fits the bill  very well.

The new Urban Environment Oil Free UV Protector SPF 42 PA +++ is extremely light  and  barely there on skin but packs that  high SPF  . It's a thin formula  that dries fast and really does help keep skin matte .   It's very T Zone friendly and I can  even use it on my nose .  Seriously, that is a BIG deal.  Normally I rely on my foundation for that area and that doesn't cut it, especially in summer when the oil and heat are  making my skin extremely dewy.

There are several good for skin extracts in the ingredients like Rose Apple , which is said to slow down oxidation . It's also listed as water and sweat resistant. I layer it under long wear matte foundation so I haven't put that to the test but I'm glad to hear it is. I don't feel it really adds much moisture, just  the tiniest bit , which is fine by me. This is SPF only,  which is exactly what I want it to be.

The container here is a portable size at one ounce, making it nice for taking along with you for touch ups .

For the oily skinned out there, this is definitely one to try if you've been looking for a T Zone compatible SPF.

$ 30.00 at www.shiseido.com or counters.

No comments: