Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dior DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF 25

Dior foundations  never let  me down. Even the ones I think won't work for my skin do  ( Like the DiorSkin Nude Creme Gel one which I  ended up using  much of last winter) . The new version of DiorSkin Forever- DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF 25 , is no exception.

The new foundation comes in both a powder and liquid and I've tried both without primer underneath.  Shade shown is 020.

Both are good coverage, semi- matte , and feel imperceptible on skin. The liquid is a thicker formula than many of the "your skin but better" foundations out there. This gives  good coverage, medium to full. Concealer is still needed on any big problem spots but that's all. It really does feel like nothing on and  skin looks soft and smooth.

The powder is much the same. Good coverage and a smooth, perfected finish . It feels like silk  on skin. This one has lighter coverage than the liquid  but is still  good  .

The formula for both is said to work with what skin needs and where it needs it. Oilier spots get mattified and drier get hydrated. I hyave oily skin and found both formulas to be great. They stayed matte all day on most of my face except the nose/chin and nothing keeps the oil back there. But it doesn't look dry or cakey. It just melts into skin.

Both are also long wear  and I have had great luck on that end as well. No touch ups needed through the bulk of the day, just a T -Zone blot. They coverage stays true. Dior says is in non transfer( which I would agree with) and waterproof ( can't say on that one).

This one is going right to the top of my tops list alongside DiorSkin Nude Natural Glow  which has been a long time favorite.

DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Foundation Liquid $ 46.00
DiorSkin Forver  Extreme Wear Foundation Compact $ 48.00

Available at Sephora.com and all Dior outlets.

No comments: