Friday, January 7, 2011

Make Up For Ever Lab Shine Lipgloss

 First up about  new Lab Shine glosses- they are highly emollient. I felt so much moisture as soon as I applied thanks to the hyaluronic acid and Camelia oil in there.   For winter weather, thats a big plus. Then there's  the great pigment  and  they last long. Add  in  a nice  non-tacky feeling  and plenty of shine  and it's time to be excited by a gloss again.

I am all about the Metal  formula, but I also tried Star and it was really nice as well. Metal is  creamy and has a thicker texture than Star.  It's smooth but deeply pigmented and while metallic not as molten as I expected. ( Keeping in mind  that for me ,the more metallic the better.) So don't fear looking like a metal mouth. It glows big and looks great but you need to blend this formula a bit.   

The Star  gloss  packs great pigment and just a little pearl. It seems almost a  satin finish.  Medium coverage but a bit sheer, I liked it best with 2 coats.


There are 35 new shades across 3 formulas- Diamond, Star and Metal. Diamond being the sheerest with glitter and the brands Diamond Powder in it.  Star is mother of pearl with Star powder,   and Metal is described as chrome with has Metal powder .

My shades shown are M6  and S10.

Available now at Make Up For Ever boutiques and on Sephora.com and in Sephora stores in February.

Retail is $ 18.00 US

2 comments:

jassica said...

The Star gloss is more prettier than metal.

Beauty Alchemist said...

I totally love the metal best Jassica, but thats the great thing about 3 finishes- something for everyone. No matter which you choose, they're all pretty great.