Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dior J'Adore L'Or Essence de Parfum

One of the best fragrances I tried all last year only came to my nose right at Christmas. Dior J'Adore L'Or was released in October but being limited so far to only Nordstrom it was some time before I had a chance to test it. I've owned the orginal J'Adore since it came out . This goes one or maybe three, better.

This is  new fragrance, an additon to the Dior J'Adore line but different from the original. It's an Essence of Perfume, so it is based more on some of the key notes of J'Adore and uses higher quality  absolutes. The main notes of Rose de Mai and Jasmine are taken from flowers grown especially for Dior  in Grasse, France.

 L'Or goes on a bit like an oil , it stays on skin a little longer and has a silky texture.
  
The fragrance is a powerhouse white floral , stunningly beautiful and well done. The kind I perfume I hope for . To my nose there is mostly  the jasmine and a good bit of tuberose.  The rose in hinted at  just enough. It's creamy, floral, warm and soft.  At the drydown there is a tiny bit of tonka and vanilla but overall it stays all white floral for me. It dries down to stay closer to skin but gives off great sillage  and lasts very long.

Dior J'Adore L'or comes packaged beautifully in a gift type box and is available at Nordstrom for $ 95.00 for 40ml bottle.

No comments: