Friday, January 21, 2011

Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm


I finally have my hands on the new Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Colour Balms.These have been on the radar since I first read of them months ago. My love of tinted lip balms is well documented on here.

***** Update- see new shades 2012 here

 They don't disappoint either. Chubby Sticks  pack plenty of moisture and pigment . These aren't sheer balms . They are not deep either but have more pigment than most tinted balms  .

The finish has some shine but is really a satin finish.  No shimmer. They are like  a balm/lipstick almost  but with a very light feeling on the lips.   The moisture comes from shea butter, mango seed butter , jojoba seed oil, sunflower seed oil and olive oil .   They apply like a dream since you're outlining with a pencil.   The only downside was they don't last as long as I would like. Thats not untypical with   some tinted balms so I just re-apply.


The color selection is  good  with several neutral brown based shades and several pinks along with more peachy Mega Melon( my  personal favorite).

Highlight- They twist up when you need more product . When I first saw images months ago I thought they would need an incovenient sharperner. Not so, just twist the bottom and the stick comes up.

PS- In a pinch, these could be used as cheek tint.

All shades are :

Chunky Cherry
Fuller Fig
Graped-Up
Mega Melon
Richer RaisinSuper Strawberry
Whole Lotta Honey
Woppin' Watermelon

$ 15.00 at all Clinique outlets and http://www.clinique.com/

3 comments:

CATHERINE said...

I like the moisturizing colors of the Cherry Red and Strawberry. Both colors look great! Im thinking about buying 2 more but havent decided is it will be grape or raisin.
Let me know if anyone has bought one of these and how the color looks

Beauty Alchemist said...

Hi Catherine, I have the Raisin as well but didn't get it in the shot. It's really nice, a light - medium wine shade with a bit of brown. Possibly my 2nd favorite of the colors. Only one I haven't tried is the Grape.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

I love the tip you gave to apply the color to your cheeks. I will try and pass the information along. I linked to your blog post on my blog Noir|Beauty. Read my review of Clinique's Chubby Stick here http://LNK.by/fgwy4