Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tom Ford Private Blend Lip Color

Tom Ford's new Private Collection Lipstick has had us beauty fanatics dreaming since we first got wind of the line. Then they came out, we saw images, we acquired and now they are selling out fast.

Yes it is a $ 45.00 lipstick. So are a few others I dearly love and I dearly love this one. I have Warm Sable, a medium nude/brown. The minute I put it on my lips, I felt more elegant and soignee. Not a bad thing at all. Although using it and marring the carved TF logo was hard. For now I am using the back part only.

Pigment here is high, and it covers the lips with precision and looks and feels great on. It's creamy with a tiny, tiny bit of shimmer . It's a true cream and it lasts well on the lips for one so moisturizing ( there's shea butter and Brazilian murumuu butter in there ).

The case is white trimmed in gold and is very French Riviera chic looking with Tom Ford on the gold cap.

There are 12 shades in all, some as I said look to be already sold out online.

Available at Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus both in store and online.



















5 comments:

Mark David said...

This packaging is so fantastic I wish I wore lipstick.

Beauty Alchemist said...

Oh Mark- LOLLLLLLL. It is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

would you mind posting a lip swatch of this color? I am very interested in buying it but am unsure of how it will look on the lips! Thank you!!!!

Beauty Alchemist said...

Anon- Hi, I can try and get a swatch on paper image for you. The ones I have ever tried to do on my lips come out rather badly. I'll try and get it in over this weekend.

I can tell you it is medium and not a pale shade at all. It looks like a deeper nude brown on lips and has little shimmer but isn't flat. If you are super pale it might be too much. I am pale but not porcelain and it's good.

pancho2008 said...

I will never pay more than $22 for a lipstick. Sorry, nothing is that good. Ditto a $400 purse..This kind of price inflation leaves me cold.

You could feed a village in Africa for the price of a purse and a family for a lipstick.

These companies ought to be ashamed of themselves.