Monday, April 26, 2010

Vintage Files- Urban Decay Nail Polish 1997


With Urban Decay bringing new nail polish out again after a long absence , I thought it time to share my old bottles ( vintage by now) from the company's earlier days and when bold color nail polish was really new and groundbreaking.


In 1997 Urban Decay partnered with designer Todd Oldham and made a set of 3 polishes to benefit one of my favorite causes- animal welfare. I had to have this set with names like Stray Dog. The 3 polishes came in a usable, small, dog dish. It was called the Urban Animal Collection.



The 3 shades were Stray Dog( greenish tinted silver) , Alley Cat ( copper, and one I no longer have) and Shelter( emerald green).

The colors were awesome but have sadly dried up. It's rare that happens as I have 20 yr. old polish that are still good, but they did. You can still see the awesome shade colors though.



As for today, Urban Decay just put out a new Summerof Love collection of polishes if you're looking to add to your own collection.

2 comments:

colormepinkenblue said...

Hi! Thanks for the pics. It's always great to see pictures of "vintage" polishes. There is a tutorial on Scrangie's blog (not affiliated) on how to restore old polishes. hth

Beauty Alchemist said...

Thanks colormepink. I think these polishes are beyond restoring, I do have somnething that helps with that, but Scrangies blog is always an excellent resource and I will def. check it out.